*REMOTE in NY; must have NYS RN license*
Perform care management duties to assess, plan and coordinate all aspects of medical and supporting services across the continuum of care for select members to promote quality, cost effective care.
• Assess the member’s current health status, resource utilization, past and present treatment plan and services, prognosis, short and long term goals, treatment and provider options
• Utilize assessment skills and discretionary judgment to develop plan of care based upon assessment with specific objectives, goals and interventions designed to meet member’s needs and promote desired outcomes
• Coordinate services between Primary Care Physician (PCP), specialists, medical providers, and non-medical staff as necessary to meet the complete medical socio economic needs of clients
• Provide patient and provider education
• Facilitate member access to community based services
• Monitor referrals made to community based organizations, medical care and other services to support the members’ overall care management plan
• Actively participate in integrated team care management rounds
• Identify related risk management quality concerns and report these scenarios to the appropriate resources.
• Case load will reflect heavier weighting of complex cases than Care Manager I, commensurate with experience
• Enter and maintain assessments, authorizations, and pertinent clinical information into various medical management systems
• Direct care to participating network providers
• Perform duties independently, demonstrating advanced understanding of complex care management principles.
• Participate in case management committees and work on special projects related to case management as needed
• For New Hampshire, Massachusetts, & Michigan Complete Health – home visits required
Education/Experience: Graduate from an Accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred. 2+ years of clinical nursing experience in a clinical, acute care, or community setting and 1+ years of case management experience in a managed care setting. Knowledge of utilization management principles and healthcare managed care. Experience with medical decision support tools (i.e. Interqual, NCCN) and government sponsored managed care programs.
Licenses/Certifications: Current state’s RN license.
The salary range for NY is: $64,500 – $116,000
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual’s skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.